- Step 1: Eat slowly. Wolfing down your favorite frozen treat will trigger the dreaded ice cream headache.
- Step 2: Pinch the bridge of your nose between your eyes and wait several seconds. The pain should subside.
- TIP: You don't need to press hard to bring relief, just apply firm pressure.
- Step 3: Press your tongue to the roof of your mouth and, again, wait several seconds for relief.
- Step 4: Sip warm water or milk for one of the fastest and easiest ways to relieve an ice cream headache.
- Step 5: Wait. The pain is not permanent and will eventually pass. Follow these simple tips and you can have your ice cream and enjoy it, too.
- FACT: People who suffer from migraines are more likely to experience an ice cream headache.
You Will Need
- A glass of warm water or milk