- Step 1: Dress up Dress up for your date. Choose clothes that are flattering yet appropriate for the date’s venue.
- Step 2: Order what you normally would Order how you normally would at a restaurant. For example, don’t order a salad if you would normally order a steak – men love women who eat!
- Step 3: Be kind Be kind and thoughtful on the date. If you’re polite to wait staff and others you encounter, he'll see you as a genuinely kind person.
- Step 4: Keep conversation light Keep the conversation light, especially on a first date. Stay on neutral topics and away from polarizing ones such as religion and politics.
- TIP: Ask about a favorite book or movie to break the ice and get to know your date.
- Step 5: Refrain from exes Refrain from mentioning past relationships or ex-boyfriends. If the date progresses into a more serious relationship, then you may share that information.
- Step 6: Ask questions Ask him questions about what interests him and how he spends his time. Show an interest in what he says. Be a good listener.
- TIP: If your date tells you he likes to golf, on your next date plan an afternoon at the driving range. Even if you don’t golf, he’ll be impressed with your memory and feel flattered that you listened.
- Step 7: Be natural Be yourself, and your personality will come through. Hint about what makes you interesting, but don't overwhelm him. Offering a glimpse of what you have to offer will leave him wanting more.
- FACT: A study showed that 97 percent of men call for a second date within the first three days.
You Will Need
- A nice outfit
- An appetite
- Conversation skills