- Step 1: Get the right cut Wear your hair in a longer style. Avoid overlayering, and stay away from razor cuts if your hair is coarse or curly.
- TIP: Getting haircuts every six to eight weeks will help keep your hair healthy.
- Step 2: Wash less frequently Don’t wash your hair every day; natural oils help combat frizz.
- Step 3: Comb your hair Use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner when you do wash.
- Step 4: Apply serum Apply an anti-frizz serum to wet, clean hair. If you have curly hair, allow it to air dry, and avoid the urge to touch your tresses.
- Step 5: Dry your hair For straight hair, blow dry with the nozzle close to the hair, pointing down, pulling a round brush through your hair as you do so. Make sure to dry your hair completely to avoid fly-aways.
- Step 6: Apply product Spritz some silicone spray into your hands and gently pat over your hair.
- Step 7: Straighten your hair If you have straight hair, run a hot flat iron over your hair to top off the look.
- Step 8: Give yourself a hot oil treatment Use a store-bought hot oil treatment once a week to rehydrate your hair.
- FACT: When you take off a winter hat, electrons move from the hat to your hair, causing static.
You Will Need
- A good cut
- Moisturizing shampoo and conditioner
- Anti-frizz serum
- Silicone spray
- A hot oil treatment
- A blow dryer (optional)
- A round brush (optional)
- A flat iron (optional)