- Step 1: Have some tea Drink herbal tea with honey. This will bring immediate and lasting relief.
- Step 2: Add vapor Use a steam vaporizer or take a hot shower to moisturize your throat and lungs.
- TIP: Absorb the steam for at least 10 minutes for maximum effect.
- Step 3: Drink lots of water To keep your throat properly lubricated, drink lots of water throughout the day.
- Step 4: Chew ginger Chew on a small piece of peeled, fresh ginger throughout the day to suppress your cough.
- Step 5: Milk before bedtime Drink a glass of warm milk with honey before bed, just for good measure.
- FACT: In 2009, a retired Colorado carpenter coughed up a nail that had been stuck in his nose for over 30 years.
You Will Need
- Herbal tea
- A vaporizer
- Fresh ginger
- Hair elastic or clip