- Step 1: Begin your research early Begin your research early. The application process for some camps occurs in winter or spring. Use the internet and your adult advisor to decide which camps to apply to.
- TIP: Take into consideration the specialties, faculty, location, and tuition costs of each camp.
- Step 2: Find application information Locate camp information and applications online. Application instructions will specify requirements, such as photos, videos, letters of recommendation, or auditions.
- TIP: Alternatively, call the camp's registration office and request that an application packet be mailed to you.
- Step 3: Complete the applications Fill out each application neatly and completely. Read the instructions carefully and collect the required materials, including application fees.
- Step 4: Submit the application materials For each camp, place the application and materials together in one packet. Mail the packets early so they arrive before the application deadlines.
- Step 5: Audition, if required Follow audition instructions and arrive prepared at the right time and place.
- TIP: Try your best and show that you're having fun!
- Step 6: Prepare for the results Allow yourself to relax. Rejection is part of every performer's life, but passion and hard work are rewarded.
- FACT: Perry-Mansfield Performing Arts Camp in Colorado was founded in 1913.
You Will Need
- A passion for performing arts
- A computer with internet access
- An adult advisor
- A headshot (optional)