- Step 1: Remove loose hair Use a comb to remove loose hair from the hairbrush by running the teeth of the comb outward from the pad of the brush, lifting the hair upward.
- Step 2: Dip toothbrush in soapy water Dip the toothbrush in warm, soapy water; then use it to gently scrub the bristles and hairbrush pad.
- TIP: If you have a plastic brush, soak it in a mixture of warm water and 2 tablespoons of baking soda for one hour.
- Step 3: Rinse hairbrush Rinse the hairbrush in the bowl of clean water to wash away any soapy residue.
- Step 4: Shake your hairbrush Shake the excess water from the hairbrush.
- TIP: Cleaning your hairbrush on a regular basis will keep it in good shape and make it last longer.
- Step 5: Let it air dry Place your clean hairbrush on a hand towel to dry.
- FACT: On average, we lose between 40 and100 strands of hair each day.
You Will Need
- A comb
- Your hairbrush
- A toothbrush
- A bowl of warm
- soapy water
- A bowl of cool
- clean water
- A hand towel