- Step 1: Make all connections Connect the end of the cable with the stereo plug into the line output on your computer. Connect the end with the two RCA plugs to the cassette deck.
- Step 2: Check the volume and levels Open the volume control on your computer located on the taskbar or in the control panel. Adjust the volume accordingly. Make sure the mute box is not checked.
- Step 3: Open the recording program Double click the icon of the recording program on your desktop, or open the program through your program files menu.
- TIP: Invest in a recording program that cleans up sounds of wear and tear from the cassette.
- Step 4: Record the music Press the record button on the program a few seconds before pressing play on the tape recorder. Record until you are finished.
- Step 5: Edit and save Delete the unnecessary parts of the recording and choose the format to save the file.
- FACT: The compact cassette was first sold in 1963.
You Will Need
- A cable with two RCA plugs at one end and 1/8-inch stereo plug at other
- A cassette deck
- A cassette
- A computer with recording software
- A sound cleaner program (optional)