- : Working with electricity is dangerous. Be extremely careful and, if you have any doubts, contact a professional.
- Step 1: Turn power off Turn the power off at the fuse box or circuit breaker.
- Step 2: Remove existing fixture Unscrew and remove the existing light fixture.
- Step 3: Connect fixture wires Connect the new fixture wires to the house wires by attaching the black and white wires to the corresponding house wires with the wire nuts included with your fixture.
- TIP: Some lights have a ground wire that will be green or bare. Connect the ground wire to the house’s bare wire and thread it through the junction box.
- Step 4: Attach the fixture Align the holes on the fixture with the holes on your house’s junction box and use the included screws to attach the fixture to the junction box.
- Step 5: Screw in lamps Screw in the flood lamps. The manual will tell you the correct wattage to use. Be sure not to screw the lamps too tightly.
- Step 6: Turn power on Turn on the power at the circuit panel or fuse panel and flip the light switch. Notice where the lamps are shining.
- Step 7: Adjust the lamps Adjust the lamps and motion sensor according to the manual. Now you are ready to shine a light on your lawn.
- FACT: According to the FBI, a burglary occurs every 14.5 seconds in the United States.
You Will Need
- A motion detector light kit
- A screwdriver
- Flood lamps