- Step 1: Click "Edit Profile" Open up your MySpace page and click on the "Edit Profile" link next to your profile image.
- Step 2: Go to site w/ free layouts In a separate browser window or tab, go to a website that provides free layouts and graphics that you can use to beef up your profile.
- Step 3: Select layout Select a layout you'd like to use and choose its associated HTML code—the text web programmers use to build webpages.
- TIP: To copy the code, select all of it then use Control C on a PC or Command C on a Mac.
- Step 4: Paste HTML into "About Me" Switch back to your MySpace profile and paste the HTML code into the "About Me" section above your "About Me" text.
- TIP: To paste the code, use Control V on a PC or Command V on a Mac.
- Step 5: Add more with same method Use the same copy and paste method to add Flash games, animations, backgrounds, sounds, and graphics.
- TIP: If you're browsing around MySpace and fall in love with someone else's layout, just visit your favorite MySpace extras website and use a "layout snatcher" to get the exact same look.
- Step 6: Add visual elements Add visual elements to different sections, like putting a picture in "Who I'd like to meet."
- TIP: Pictures can be added by creating a link to an existing image on the web. You can find samples at any MySpace support site.
- Step 7: Find site w/ profile editor If you still can't create the profile you want, find a website that offers a MySpace profile editor in which you can manually design your own completely original layout.
- Step 8: Preview profile As you make changes, preview your new layout by clicking "Preview Profile."
- Step 9: Save changes When you're satisfied, click "Save all Changes" in the settings. The next time someone views your profile, they'll see your stylish new layout.
- FACT: MySpace has over 100 million members—or roughly the population of the entire United States in 1915.
You Will Need