- Step 1: Move to LA or NYC Move to Los Angeles or New York if you're serious about meeting celebrities.
- Step 2: Read the tabloids Read tabloids and celebrity weeklies religiously. You'll soon have a good idea of where the stars shop, eat, drink, vacation, and work out.
- Step 3: Get a star-friendly job Take a job that will put you in close proximity to celebs, like at a club, restaurant, or gym that's popular with the A-list.
- Step 4: Be an industry insider Get a job on a film set or audition for parts as an extra. If you like musicians, take a job at a major concert venue.
- TIP: Rob Lowe, Noah Wyle, and Anthony Edwards all married makeup artists they met on-set.
- Step 5: Do charity work Attend charity events that draw lots of celebrities.
- Step 6: Attend award shows Get a job as a seat-filler at a major award show.
- TIP: Soap fans can buy tickets to the annual Daytime Emmy Awards.
- Step 7: Keep your composure Once you start meeting celebrities, remember to stay cool. You'll have a much better chance of chatting them up if you are polite and maintain a respectful distance.
- FACT: Tiger Woods and Lance Armstrong tied for the sports celebrity most people would like to meet in a 2006 survey.
You Will Need
- Time in New York or Los Angeles
- A star-friendly job
- Charity events
- Award show tickets
- A ticket to the Daytime Emmy Awards (optional)