- Step 1: Search for a chiropractor Look in your phonebook or search online for local chiropractors. Ask friends and family who they would recommend.
- Step 2: Seek basic information Find out about the chiropractor's education, experience, and methods of treatment. Ask about their rates and their insurance policies.
- Step 3: Confirm their license Confirm their license with your state licensing board. Check if there have been any complaints lodged against them.
- Step 4: Pick a chiropractor Choose the one who you feel is best suited to your needs. Call the office and schedule an appointment.
- TIP: Ask for gentle adjustments until you become used to the way chiropractic methods feel on your body.
- Step 5: Give it a trial period Go to a few visits and make sure you feel comfortable with the treatment and environment.
- FACT: The chiropractic profession was founded by Daniel Palmer in 1895.
You Will Need
- A phonebook
- Internet access
- A telephone