- Step 1: Clean guest bathroom Clean the bathroom your guests will be using.
- Step 2: Set out towels Set out clean towels in the bathroom or by the guest bed.
- TIP: Fill a small basket in the bathroom with soap, shampoo, conditioner, and moisturizer.
- Step 3: Clean guest bedroom Clean the guest room and put fresh linens on the bed, couch, or inflatable mattress.
- TIP: Put a box or basket with snacks, bottled water, books, and a local map in an easy-to-find place.
- Step 4: Give guests the tour Show your guests the location of the bathrooms, refrigerator, and coffee maker when they arrive.
- Step 5: Share schedule Provide your guests with a copy of your schedule and let them know when they are welcome to join you.
- FACT: Benjamin Franklin revised an old English proverb to say, "Fish and visitors stink in three days."
You Will Need
- Cleaning supplies
- Clean towels
- A guest room
- Clean sheets
- A copy of your schedule
- A basket of toiletries (optional)
- A basket of snacks (optional)
- A few good novels (optional)
- A local map (optional)