- Step 1: Avoid drying skin Avoid drying the skin with hot baths or showers. Take warm baths with oatmeal and mild soap.
- Step 2: Moisturize Moisturize your skin after bathing with a liberally applied moisturizer.
- TIP: A heavy moisturizer such as cocoa butter can help reduce stretch marks.
- Step 3: Use calamine lotion Use calamine lotion on particularly itchy spots. Store it in the fridge for a gentle cooling sensation.
- Step 4: Wear loose clothes Wear loose-fitting clothes made of natural fibers to avoid aggravation.
- Step 5: Don’t scratch Don’t scratch your itch. Pregnancy hormones may make skin thinner and susceptible to tearing.
- FACT: Cocoa butter was first extracted as massage butter in 1828 when Conrad Von Houten invented the cocoa press.
You Will Need
- Calamine lotion
- Loose-fitting clothes