- Step 1: Sit on mat Sit down on your mat with your legs extended out in front of you.
- Step 2: Bend & bring in heels Bend your knees, and bring the soles of your feet together near your groin.
- TIP: The closer in you bring your heels, the more effective this pose will be—but don't push it. Find the distance that is right for your body.
- Step 3: Put hands on mat Put your hands on the mat behind you to help lift and expand your chest.
- TIP: If this feels good enough, you don't need to go any further.
- Step 4: Bend forward Bend forward from the hips, lowering your chest toward your feet and your head and knees toward the ground. Try to keep your back straight.
- Step 5: Hold pose Stay in the pose, breathing smooth, deep, even breaths.
- Step 6: Release pose Release the pose, lifting your torso up and stretching your legs out, whenever you're ready to be unbound.
- FACT: This pose helps open up the pelvis, making it very beneficial for pregnant women and for the prostate health of men.
You Will Need
- Comfortable clothing suitable for stretching and moving
- A calm place where you won't be distracted or disturbed
- A yoga mat or folded blanket