- Step 1: Sit down on mat Sit down on the mat with your legs straight out in front of you.
- Step 2: Raise arms Inhale, and raise your arms up overhead.
- Step 3: Bend forward Exhale, and bend forward from the hips, lowering your torso and outstretched arms parallel to your legs.
- TIP: It's okay to slightly bend at the knees while extending into this pose.
- Step 4: Lower chest & grab feet Bring your chest to your thighs and your face to your shins while reaching for and grabbing hold of your feet. Keep your back as straight as possible.
- TIP: If you can't reach your feet, loop a belt or a strap around them to grab onto.
- Step 5: Hold pose Hold the pose for 5 to 10 breaths, or longer if you can.
- Step 6: Release pose To release the pose, inhale, and raise your torso straight up with your arms stretched overhead, then exhale and lower your hands to the floor. Now to conquer kickball...
- FACT: Pop nobility Sting recently admitted that he and his wife's claims of yoga-inspired marathons of tantric sex was all a joke, saying, "I have frantic sex, not tantric sex."
You Will Need
- Comfortable clothing suitable for stretching and moving
- A calm place where you won't be distracted or disturbed
- A yoga mat or folded blanket
- A belt or strap