- Step 1: Choose a person to start and stop the music throughout the game.
- Step 2: Set up the chairs in a circle. Have each participant sit in a chair.
- Step 3: Divide the participants into groups of two or three and assign the name of a fruit, such as pears, bananas, or cherries, to each group.
- Step 4: Play the music and call out a fruit group. Members of that group get up and walk around the chairs. Remove one of their chairs.
- Step 5: Stop the music. The participants must find an empty seat and the person without a seat is eliminated.
- TIP: Have the eliminated person help with the music or call out the next fruit.
- Step 6: Continue the same process until all the fruit groups are called.
- Step 7: Call out "upset the fruit basket" and everyone has to get up and walk around the circle. Remove a chair.
- Step 8: Continue playing until there is one participant in the last chair. They are the last fruit in the basket and win the game.
- FACT: There are 1,000 different varieties of bananas.
You Will Need
- Fruit names assigned to each participant