- Step 1: Make the habit Make a habit from a long black dress with long sleeves, or a graduation gown.
- TIP: For added authenticity, purchase a pattern for a tunic at a fabric store and sew the tunic yourself.
- Step 2: Make a belt Tie a piece of rope around your waist as a belt.
- Step 3: Make the ring Take a strip of white poster board, and cut it to fit around your head.
- Step 4: Finish the veil Cut the piece of black fabric into a large square so that the veil is the length you desire. Hot glue the fabric to the poster board ring to complete the veil.
- Step 5: Accessorize Accessorize the costume by adding a crucifix or rosary beads.
- FACT: In 2008, an Italian priest attempted to organize a beauty pageant for nuns, but his superiors quickly suspended the event.
You Will Need
- A long black dress or graduation gown
- White poster board
- Black fabric
- A hot glue gun
- A crucifix or rosary beads
- Tunic sewing pattern (optional)