- Step 1: Cut brim off hat Cut off the brim of the hat.
- TIP: Wear the hat backwards if you don't want to cut the brim off.
- Step 2: Check out length of costume Drape the sheet over the head of the person who's going to wear the costume. If it's dragging on the ground, mark a comfortable length with pen or pencil.
- Step 3: Mark center of head and eye position Mark the sheet at the center of the person's head while the sheet is still draped on them. Then, have them poke their fingers from the inside of the sheet to indicate where their eyes are, and mark where the eyeholes will go.
- Step 4: Pin ball cap Remove the sheet and pin the baseball cap to the mark in the middle. Add a few more pins to secure the cap in place.
- Step 5: Cut eyeholes Cut eyeholes where the eye positions were marked, and circle the edges with black magic marker.
- TIP: Draw on a nose and mouth with the marker, too, if you like.
- Step 6: Trim length Trim the edges of the sheet to the desired length and put the costume on by throwing on the sheet and pulling on the hat. Now grab your goodie bag, and head out for a night of trick or treating.
- FACT: There were 2,077 costume rental and formal wear establishments across the U.S. in 2006.
You Will Need
- A white sheet
- A light colored baseball hat
- A pen or pencil
- Four safety pins
- A black magic marker
- A goodie bag