- Step 1: Put the sock on your hand Put the sock on your hand with your fingers in the toe and your wrist at the heel of the sock.
- Step 2: Make a mouth shape with your fingers Touch your fingertips to your thumbtip inside the sock and push the fabric between them to make a mouth.
- Step 3: Cut a mouth out of felt Cut a circular piece of felt for the opening of the puppet’s mouth and hot glue it into place.
- TIP: Adding a tongue or teeth will give your sock puppet even more character.
- Step 4: Glue buttons or googly eyes Glue buttons or googly eyes onto the sock.
- Step 5: Cut yarn for hair Cut yarn for hair and glue it onto the puppet’s "head."
- Step 6: Add any accessories Add accessories to your puppet. These might include a bowtie, hair ribbon, earrings, an eye patch, or glasses.
- FACT: The original Kermit the Frog puppet was made using creator Jim Henson’s mother’s coat and a few ping-pong balls.
You Will Need
- An adult-sized sock
- A hot glue gun and glue
- Buttons or googly eyes