- Step 1: Open towel and lay flat Open the bath towel lengthwise and lay it flat on the floor. Roll each side inward, toward the center.
- Step 2: Fold in half at center Fold the rolled towel in half with each rolled side serving as a pair of elephant legs, and then stand the legs up.
- Step 3: Roll hand towel Hold the center of the edge of the hand towel between your teeth. Using your hands, roll the top edges inward and downward, making a narrow upside-down 'V.'
- Step 4: Roll up bottom three inches Roll the point of the 'V' up three inches to form the upward curve of an elephant trunk.
- Step 5: Pull top for flap ears Pull down the top layer of the wide end of the trunk to form the ears.
- TIP: Place animal eyes – which can be purchased at a craft store – at the top of the hand towel, above the flap and between the ears.
- Step 6: Set atop larger towel Set the hand towel trunk with ears and eyes on top of the larger towel, which will serve as the body.
- FACT: When author Douglas Adams died, fans instituted 'Towel Day,' a reference to his book The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
You Will Need
- A bath towel
- A hand towel
- Toy animal eyes (optional)