- Step 1: Be unimpressed Be polite when you meet them, but don't act impressed. In fact, pretend to have only the vaguest idea of what they do for a living. You'll stand out among the slobbering, quivering masses.
- Step 2: Suggest somewhere discreet If you're in charge of the date, or they ask what you'd like to do, don't squeal, "I've always wanted to go to The Ivy!" Suggest a modest, low-key place far from tabloid photographers.
- Step 3: Keep it to yourself Keep the news of your budding romance quiet so your dalliance doesn't get leaked to the press, making you look like a publicity whore.
- TIP: If and when the press does catch wind of your affair, do not utter so much as a "no comment" to reporters.
- Step 4: Be elusive Don't be too quick to become exclusive with your idol. Let them know they are lucky to be dating you.
- Step 5: Don't use their connections Resist the temptation to exploit opportunities that come your way solely because you're dating them. They'll likely take a dim view of you riding their coattails.
- Step 6: Stay in the background Stay in the background, literally. If you're not in their shadow, you're blocking their sun. And celebrities don't like that one bit.
- FACT: Jessica Alba is the movie star men would most like to date and marry, according to one poll. Women would most like to date Orlando Bloom but marry Denzel Washington.
You Will Need