- Step 1: Get bids Choose two or three companies from your list who have good customer referrals and get bids.
- Step 2: Consider type Decide on the type of alarm system you want. Systems can detect motion, temperature changes, and glass breakage, and can alert a monitoring station and neighbors. Choose one with back-up power in case the electricity is cut off.
- Step 3: Schedule home inspections Schedule a home inspection and an interview with each company.
- Step 4: Consider your budget Decide how much money you want to spend.
- Step 5: Memorize key code After your system is installed, memorize your key code so you do not set off the alarm.
- FACT: In 2007, burglaries in the U.S. cost victims about $4.3 billion in lost property.
You Will Need
- A list of certified and licensed home alarm companies