- : Never change your diet without first consulting your physician.
- Step 1: Avoid spicy foods Avoid rich, acidic, and spicy foods such as chocolate, fruit juices, coffee, and alcohol.
- Step 2: Eat smaller Eat smaller amounts of food several times throughout the day instead of having three large meals.
- Step 3: Chew food thoroughly Chew your food slowly and thoroughly.
- TIP: Give yourself two or three hours to digest meals before going to bed.
- Step 4: Keep head propped up to sleep Sleep with your head propped up with two or three extra pillows.
- TIP: Sleeping in a comfortable chair is a good way to stay propped up.
- Step 5: Wear comfortable clothing Wear loose and comfortable clothing around your waist.
- Step 6: Contact your doctor Contact your doctor if none of the above helps with pregnancy indigestion.
- FACT: One in four women report daily indigestion during pregnancy.
You Will Need
- Two or three pillows
- comfortable clothing
- A doctor