- Step 1: Gather the facts Read about being pregnant and giving birth. Subscribe to a parenting magazine, or read their articles online.
- Step 2: Enroll in childbirth classes Take childbirth classes, which can be found online, through hospitals, or in newspapers.
- Step 3: Contact your doctor or midwife Talk to your doctor or midwife about pain relief options, and don't take anything without their consent.
- TIP: Many women worry about going into labor in their sleep and waking up giving birth. Don't worry – labor pains will certainly wake you up.
- Step 4: Go to the hospital Go to the hospital or call your doctor immediately if you think you have labor pains. Better safe than sorry.
- FACT: There are close to six million pregnancies every year in the United States.
You Will Need
- A subscription a parenting magazine
- Internet access
- A local newspaper
- Childbirth classes
- A doctor or midwife