- : Always consult a physician before attempting to do any exercise or exercise plan.
- Step 1: Choose an event Choose a triathlon that allows you at least six months to train before you compete.
- TIP: Use a training partner, or surround yourself with supportive family and friends.
- Step 2: Plan your routine Plan your weekly exercise schedule. Train for each triathlon event (swimming, bicycling, and running) at least once per week.
- TIP: Focus your training on your weakest event.
- Step 3: Practice until you are ready Practice until you can comfortably complete the required distances for each event.
- Step 4: Prepare for the transitions Prepare for the race-day transitions by practicing both swimming to biking, and biking to running.
- Step 5: Rest and recuperate Rest at least one day per week so your body can recuperate.
- Step 6: Have fun Most importantly, have fun – and savor your accomplishments!
- FACT: Although developed in 1974, the Triathlon wasn't an official Olympic event until the 2000 summer games in Sydney, Australia.
You Will Need
- A weekly exercise schedule
- A swimsuit
- Access to a pool or lake
- A bicycle
- A bicycle helmet
- A pair of running shoes
- A training partner (optional)