- : Do not use acrylic, latex, or any other paints not approved for use on the skin.
- Step 1: Select your design Decide on a picture or theme that will conform to a curved canvas, or use free form.
- Step 2: Get a face painting kit Get a face-painting kit that includes the colors for your design.
- TIP: Even though face paint is gentle and shouldn't stain, test a small patch of skin for allergies.
- Step 3: Wash and prep the area Wash your belly to remove excess oil or dirt. Wear washable clothing that you don't mind staining, and use a drop cloth.
- Step 4: Find a comfortable position Find a comfortable position you can remain in, including seated or reclining, until the paint has dried.
- Step 5: Paint your design Paint your design using a soft brush and sponge. You may need some help from a friend to reach all areas of your bump.
- TIP: Use an eyeliner pencil to outline your design and for any detail work.
- Step 6: Remove the paint Remove the paint using cold cream or simple soap and water. A faint shadow may remain for several days.
- FACT: More than 25 percent of the 4.3 million babies born each year are to women having their third or fourth child.
You Will Need
- A face paint set
- A drop cloth
- A soft brush
- A small paint sponge
- A friend
- An eyeliner pencil (optional)
- Cold cream (optional)