- Step 1: Hang out at the hardware store Start hanging out at the local hardware or home improvement store. Many men, especially retirees, do their own home repair.
- TIP: Go to the hardware store alone. A single woman in a hardware store stands out.
- Step 2: Take up golfing Start going to the driving range, especially on an early Saturday morning. Most golfers at that hour are retired men over 50.
- Step 3: Let others know you are looking Get the word out that you’re looking -- everyone likes to be a matchmaker.
- Step 4: Strike up conversations with others Practice striking up conversations in the grocery store, post office, bagel shop, or gym.
- TIP: Keep conversations positive -- men get turned off when women talk about their ex-husbands or boyfriends, especially if it is negative.
- Step 5: Buy new clothes Jazz up your wardrobe with new, sexy clothes that flatter your figure. Don’t buy what your granddaughters or daughters tell you -- wear what makes you comfortable.
- Step 6: Try online dating Try online dating -- there aren’t many online daters over 50, but this medium continues to grow. Plus, it's a good chance to brush up on those computer skills.
- FACT: According to research conducted in 2007, singles 50 and over are the fastest-growing group of online daters.
You Will Need
- Golf clubs
- Sexy outfits
- Internet access