- Step 1: Sit comfortably Sit in a comfortable position, such as kneeling, the Lotus Pose, or just sitting cross-legged.
- Step 2: Place hands on floor Exhale, and place your hands on the floor, shoulder-width apart and with your fingers spread out, about two feet in front of your knees.
- Step 3: Make lion's face Inhale deeply, and as you exhale, open your eyes as wide as possible, raise your eyebrows, roll your eyes up in their sockets, open your mouth wide, and slowly stick out your tongue like you are trying to touch your chin with it.
- TIP: Some people like to add a little 'roar' as they open their mouths.
- Step 4: Hold expression Hold the facial expression for the entire length of your exhale.
- Step 5: Relax face When the exhale is done, relax your face.
- Step 6: Return & repeat Return to your comfortable sitting position. You can repeat the facial expression anytime—whether you're in the Extended Side Angle Pose or just impersonating Gene Simmons.
- FACT: A lion's roar can be heard as far as 5 miles away.
You Will Need
- Comfortable clothing suitable for stretching and moving
- A calm place where you won't be distracted or disturbed
- A yoga mat or folded blanket