- Step 1: Combine ingredients Mix all of the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- TIP: For a smokier taste, toast the onion flakes before combining.
- Step 2: Store in an airtight container Store the mixture in an airtight container.
- Step 3: Use Substitute this mix for any recipe calling for onion soup mix. 5 tablespoons equals a package of store-bought onion soup mix.
- FACT: Ancient Egyptians thought that onions had mystical powers and buried Pharaohs with them.
You Will Need
- 3/4 c. dry minced onion flakes
- u2153 c. beef bouillon
- 1/4 tsp. celery seed
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 4 tsp. onion powder
- A small bowl
- An airtight storage container