- Step 1: Wrap present Wrap a present in multiple layers of wrapping paper. There should be enough layers that everyone gets a turn.
- Step 2: Sit in circle Have the players sit in a circle on the floor facing each other.
- Step 3: Start music Choose a person to start and stop the music throughout the game. When the music begins the players start passing the present from one to another.
- Step 4: Stop the music Listen for the music to stop. When the music stops the player holding the present gets to unwrap one layer.
- TIP: If the players are young, have the music player watch where they stop the music so everyone gets a turn opening the present.
- Step 5: Continue playing Continue the process until the present is completely unwrapped. The last person to unwrap the last layer wins the present.
- FACT: In 1871, Seth Wheeler of New York was issued a patent for perforated wrapping paper.
You Will Need
- A present wrapped in multiple layers