- : Always consult a physician before attempting to do any exercise or exercise plan.
- Step 1: Get up early Set your alarm to get you up an hour earlier and hit the gym or go for a jog. You won't like it when the alarm rings, but you'll feel great when it's over and you have the whole day ahead of you.
- TIP: People who exercise in the morning are more likely to stick with their workout routine.
- Step 2: Enlist a friend Enlist a buddy to work out with you. You'll keep one another on track and it will be easier to stay motivated.
- Step 3: Use your lunchtime Use lunchtime to get to the gym or squeeze in a half-hour jog or walk. Keep workout clothes and energy bars or other healthy snacks in your desk.
- Step 4: Bike, walk, or opt for stairs Ride your bike to work or park your car in the back of the lot and walk. Take the stairs rather than the elevator, at least part of the way. Even five or 10 minutes of cardio exercise burns fat.
- Step 5: Plan family workouts Plan healthy, outdoor activities for the whole family, like hiking, kayaking, or mountain biking.
- TIP: If you're single, join a team or group that fits your schedule and interests. Take a date skating, ballroom dancing, or to another exercise-oriented activity.
- Step 6: Do work around the house Turn on some music and vacuum, mop the floor, or mow the lawn. You'll save time doing double duty -- burning calories and getting your housework done.
- FACT: One study showed that both people and pets were more successful in sticking with a weight loss program of diet and exercise when they did it together.
You Will Need
- An alarm
- A buddy
- Workout clothes
- Energy bars and other healthy snacks