- Step 1: It's all good Your actions, big or small, can help your community. Don't have a lot of time to spare? Whatever you can give has a positive impact, and every bit of good counts. You can build a fence, build a home, or build a whole community – whatever feels right for you – it's all good.
- Step 2: Find the right project Find the right project – one that helps you make service a part of your everyday life by letting you do it on your own terms, in your own time.
- TIP: Check out volunteer opportunities at CreateTheGood.org, where you can narrow the search to your own neighborhood.
- Step 3: Get loved ones involved Get friends, relatives, neighbors, and co-workers involved. It's a great way to create stronger bonds with the people in your life. Check out CreateTheGood.org for opportunities to make doing good a way of life.
- Step 4: Create your own project Got a simply brilliant simple idea? Create your own good project. CreateTheGood.org makes it easy by offering ideas and tool kits, letting you post volunteer opportunities, and helping you share your experiences.
- Step 5: Track your impact See exactly how your efforts make a difference: CreateTheGood.org tracks all the good that everyone is doing. Viewing your progress and the results of other people's efforts is great motivation!
- Step 6: Join the party! Join the party! Be part of a new good movement: We can each be part of making our communities – and our country – better, one good deed at a time. And doing it feels great. Start creating the good now at CreateTheGood.org.
- FACT: Volunteering is not just a good thing to do – it's good for you. Research shows that people who devote just two hours a week to charity work enjoy better health.
You Will Need
- A feeling that you've got something good to give
- A wish to help someone or something in your community