- Step 1: Breathe deep Breathe deeply and with your diaphragm. This will take practice, patience, and stomach muscles.
- TIP: Strengthen your stomach with exercises such as sit-ups.
- Step 2: Stand straight Stand up straight when warming up for a song. Practice in front of a mirror.
- Step 3: Warm up Warm up your voice by putting your lips together and vibrating them like a horse. While making that noise, sing scales.
- TIP: Avoid dairy products or thick beverages before performances, and drink a lot of water.
- Step 4: Listen to others sing Listen to other vocal performances, and try to mimic the performer. This will help train your voice and your ear.
- Step 5: Hire a vocal coach Hire a professional vocal coach if you feel you need additional instruction. This person can offer your valuable tips and set you on your way to becoming a soaring songbird.
- FACT: Most people are capable of three octaves. Exceptional talents are known to reach four or five octaves, but that is very rare.
You Will Need
- A voice
- A vocal coach
- Water (optional)