- Step 1: Remove startup items Remove unneeded startup items. Click the apple, go to System Preferences, and click on Accounts. Go to the Login Items tab, and deselect any applications that you don't want to launch every time you login.
- Step 2: Shrink dock Shrink the size of the dock in System Preferences under dock. Also deselect Animate Opening Applications.
- Step 3: Turn off sharing Turn off Sharing under Internet, and Network in System Preferences, if you are not networking between multiple computers.
- Step 4: Remove other applications Remove any unused applications under Other. Control click and select remove.
- TIP: If you're on a laptop, check the Options under Energy Saver in System Preferences to make sure the processor performance is on the highest setting.
- Step 5: Turn off widgets Turn off unused widgets in the dashboard. Click F12, and uncheck any widgets you don't regularly use.
- Step 6: Delete unused files Delete unused applications and files to clear space on your computer.
- TIP: Download a maintenance application such as OnyX or Main Menu to clear out your computer's cache.
- Step 7: Run activity monitor Check what programs are running by opening your activity monitor in the utilities folder. Turn off any you aren't using.
- FACT: The original Apple logo was a drawing of Sir Isaac Newton contemplating gravity while sitting beneath an apple tree.
You Will Need
- A Mac computer
- Internet access