- Step 1: Begin on hands & knees Begin on your hands and knees on the mat, with your wrists directly under your shoulders.
- Step 2: Tuck toes under Tuck your toes under keeping your arms perpendicular to the mat.
- Step 3: Look at floor Look straight down at the floor, keeping your neck aligned with your straight spine.
- TIP: Stay in this position breathing evenly for several full breaths.
- Step 4: Lower chin & chest Exhale, bending your elbows and lowering your chest and chin to the floor so only they, and your hands, knees, and feet, are touching the mat.
- TIP: Your chin should rest between your hands, your hips should be high and your elbows tucked in by your side.
- Step 5: Hold pose Hold the pose for several full breaths.
- Step 6: Release pose Release the pose by lowering your hips to the mat on an exhale. You completed one of the eight principles—but all eight of the body parts.
- FACT: Of the "Eight Limbs of Yoga," only two address the physical being: Asanas, or postures, and Pranayama, or breathing.
You Will Need
- Comfortable clothing suitable for stretching and moving
- A calm place where you won't be distracted or disturbed
- A yoga mat or folded blanket