- Step 1: Make the gimmick card Place the glued cards between two heavy books to keep them flat. Leave them there for an hour to let the glue dry.
- Step 2: Place the gimmick card Place the gimmick card on top of the deck. Make sure the color facing up is the same color as the rest of the deck.
- Step 3: Have someone pick a card Fan the cards face-up and have an audience member choose one. After the card is chosen, square the deck and flip them over so the backs are facing up.
- Step 4: Create a break and place the card Use your fingers to create a break between the gimmick card and the rest of the deck. Have the audience member place the card on top of the deck face up.
- Step 5: Flip the chosen card and the gimmick card Double-lift the gimmick card and the chosen card and flip them over together. The back side of the chosen card should appear as if it has a different colored back.
- TIP: Make sure when flipping the cards you have them perfectly squared to avoid showing the gimmick card or the real back of the chosen card.
- Step 6: Change the color back Place the cards on top of the deck. Grab only the chosen card and put it aside. Fan the deck to show all the cards are the same color. Now flip over the chosen card to reveal that it's the same color as the rest of the deck.
- FACT: Did you know? Only the King of Spades faces towards his left.
You Will Need
- A deck of cards all one color
- One card of a different color
- An audience
- Two heavy books (optional)