- Step 1: Glue one deck face to face Take one whole deck and glue each card face to face so you have half a deck of double-backed cards.
- Step 2: Add half of regular deck Discard half of the other deck, leaving half a deck of regular cards and half a deck of double-sided cards.
- Step 3: Set up the trick Put the regular half on top of the double-sided half, and show the new deck to an audience. Split the deck into the two halves, placing the regular half face up next to the double-sided half on the table.
- Step 4: Ask someone to choose a card Fan the regular cards and have an audience member choose one.
- Step 5: Shuffle the halves together Shuffle the two halves together; keeping the regular half face up so it will appear that the cards are mixed up front-to-back and back-to-front.
- TIP: Make sure to keep one side of the double-sided cards hidden so as not to reveal the gimmick.
- Step 6: Place the card back in Have the audience member replace the card anywhere in the deck, face down. The regular cards are still facing up.
- Step 7: Flip the cards and fan Shuffle the cards and then flip them around in your hands so that all the cards appear face-down. Fan the cards in front of the audience revealing the chosen card as the only card facing up.
- FACT: Did you know? The King of diamonds is the only king portrayed in profile, with only one eye showing.
You Will Need
- Two identical decks of cards
- An audience