- Step 1: Tape string Tape one end of the invisible string to one corner of the card.
- Step 2: Wrap card Wind the string lengthwise around the card numerous times, moving towards the opposite end of the card to make a bed for the match.
- Step 3: Tape string Tape the other end of the invisible string to the card.
- Step 4: Perform the trick Place the card in the palm of your hand.
- TIP: Keep your hand flat.
- Step 5: Place match on the card Place the match on the card.
- Step 6: Cup the card Wave your empty hand over the card while squeezing the ends of the card in your hand to give the illusion of the match floating.
- Step 7: Wave hand Wave your empty hand again while slowly relaxing your grip on the card, returning it to a flat position. This will give the illusion of the match floating downward.
- FACT: The Mendelssohn Opera Company created the first ads on matchbooks in the late 1890s.
You Will Need
- A playing card
- Magicianu2019s invisible thread
- A match
- An audience