- Step 1: Select the files Select the files you want to zip by clicking on them. To select multiple files, hold down the Command key while you click on each.
- Step 2: Control click Hold down the Control key and click on one of the files. A window will pop up.
- Step 3: Select archive Select Create Archive or Compress. The files will compress into a zip file.
- TIP: Download a zip utility for more control over zip options.
- Step 4: Rename file Select the zip file and click on the title to rename it.
- FACT: Phillip Katz came up with the zip file archive at his mother's kitchen table.
You Will Need
- A zip utility (optional)