- Step 1: Open System Preferences Go to System Preferences and click the Keyboard and Mouse pane.
- Step 2: Select mouse tab] Select the mouse tab, or trackpad on a laptop.
- Step 3: Click zoom Make sure the box next to "Zoom using scroll ball while holding," or ''Zoom while holding'' is checked, and Control is selected in the drop-down menu.
- Step 4: Close preferences Close System Preferences.
- Step 5: Zoom in Hold down the control key and scroll the mouse wheel up, or drag up on the trackpad with two fingers on a laptop. The screen zooms.
- TIP: The Universal Access pane in System Preferences also offers zoom options.
- Step 6: Zoom out Zoom out by holding down the control key and scrolling the mouse wheel down, or dragging down on the trackpad with two fingers.
- FACT: Douglas Engelbart invented the mouse and developed the idea of a graphical user interface.
You Will Need