- Step 1: Find a grading scale Find a four-point grading scale that assigns a point value from four to zero for every possible grade.
- TIP: Most schools in the United States use a four-point scale, where A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1, and E=0. If you're unsure ask your teacher or an administrator.
- Step 2: Collect recent grades Collect the most recent grades you can by asking your teacher or an office administrator.
- Step 3: Record the point value for each grade Write down the correct point value next to each grade using the four-point scale.
- Step 4: Add the points together Add up all the points and write down the total.
- Step 5: Calculate the average Calculate the average by dividing the total by the number of grades you added together. This is your GPA.
- FACT: A recent poll found that 53 percent of parents said they are relieved when summer vacation is over and their kids head back to school.
You Will Need
- A four point grading scale
- Recent grades
- A pen and paper
- A calculator