- Step 1: Lay the shirt on a table Lay your shirt down sideways and faceup on the table so that the neck is to your right.
- Step 2: Pinch the shirt in two places With your right hand, pinch the shirt at the shoulder, halfway between the sleeve and neckline farthest away from you; with your other hand, pinch the shirt halfway down from the first pinch.
- TIP: Make sure you're gripping both the top and bottom layers of the shirt.
- Step 3: Cross your hands While pinching the two points, cross your right hand over your left hand, bringing the shoulder to the shirt's bottom hem on the side farthest away from you. Without letting go of the first pinch of material, grab the hem too.
- Step 4: Lift the shirt Lift the shirt so that it's hanging in front of you. Without letting go of the shirt, uncross your arms and pull the fold taut as you do.
- Step 5: Drape to finish Place the hanging sleeve on the table, and carefully drape the folded portion over it. Done!
- FACT: London department store Harrods once carried a $1,300 T-shirt covered with 2,700 Swarovski crystals.
You Will Need
- A T-shirt
- A flat surface