- Step 1: Position the coin Rest a coin on the tips of your first and middle or middle and ring fingers, palm up.
- Step 2: Press into the palm Curl your fingers inward like you're making a fist and press the coin into the base of your palm between your thumb and first finger.
- TIP: Keep your thumb and your first finger touching to help disguise the palm.
- Step 3: Look natural Turn your hand over and hold it in a natural, relaxed position while holding the coin. Mimic the look of the hand not holding the coin.
- TIP: Practice with a variety of coins of different weights and sizes to see which is most comfortable.
- Step 4: Do the snuff box Palm a coin in the crook between your thumb and first finger, known as "the snuff box." Hold your fingers pointed inward toward you to conceal it. This is more difficult but more realistic looking.
- Step 5: Do a trick Do any number of coin tricks from the classic palm, such as pulling a coin out of someone's ear.
- FACT: The U.S. Mint produces 11-20 billion coins a year.
You Will Need
- A variety of coins (optional)