- Step 1: Write a resume Put together a professional resume. Include your name and contact information, and for your accompanying head shot, wear a dance outfit appropriate to the part you are auditioning for.
- TIP: Stick with the black leotard in most cases and avoid any over-the-top outfits. Enhance your face with makeup, but don’t overdo it.
- Step 2: Condition yourself Condition yourself with a regular exercise regimen and a healthy diet. Get plenty of rest the night before the audition.
- Step 3: Arrive early Arrive early and register. Limber up to get your energy flowing.
- Step 4: Stand in front Stand in front if the line is not an assigned order. Be conscious of your posture while you wait.
- TIP: Think of dancing as a profession, not a hobby.
- Step 5: Ask questions Ask questions to be sure you understand the dance combinations. Watch others and mentally prepare your moves.
- Step 6: Smile and convey confidence Smile pleasantly rather than biting your nails or fidgeting. Exude confidence, controlling your facial expressions if you happen to miss a step.
- Step 7: Thank the judges Thank the judges at the end. This might also inspire some polite responses from them that indicate how they felt about the performance.
- FACT: Did you know? In 2008, Israel set a record for the world's largest couple's dance. Over 1,000 people participated.
You Will Need
- Healthy diet
- Positive attitude