- Step 1: Fold cards Ask a volunteer to fold and make a crease lengthwise in the King, and another volunteer to fold and make a crosswise crease in the Six.
- TIP: Use ordinary business cards to dispel any notion of using trick cards. Just don't give them back.
- Step 2: Rip the card Make a horizontal rip in the middle of one of the King’s long sides to the fold in the center. Conceal the tear with your thumb and fingers.
- TIP: Cough to create a distraction as you rip the card or do it in advance.
- Step 3: Turn the King over Fold the King along the crease and turn it over so the rip is underneath and the folded edge is toward your palm. Fold the Six and hold it in your other hand, with the folded edge toward the open edge of the King.
- Step 4: Insert the Six Insert the Six into the top of the folded King and slide it down so that the cards are flush at the bottom, slipping the folded edge of the Six through the tear in the King, dividing the flaps created by the tear.
- Step 5: Unfold Open the Six and fold it the other way, opening the King. The Six will be on the outside, folded over the King.
- Step 6: Push the King Push the King through the Six so it comes out of the other side, magically reversed
- FACT: Did you know? Warp speed is a term for faster-than-light travel, which most of the scientific community agrees is impossible.
You Will Need
- A King and a Six from a deck of cards
- Two or more spectators
- Business cards (optional)