- Step 1: Wash hands Wash your hands in warm water with soap.
- Step 2: Dry hands Dry your hands using a towel.
- Step 3: Apply solution Apply the nail solution liberally to your fingernails and cuticle areas. This will discourage you from nail biting.
- TIP: Bitter-tasting nail solution can be found at most drugstores.
- Step 4: Manage stress Research and apply stress management techniques if you believe that anxiety is causing you to bite your nails. Whether exercise or green tea, there’s something out there that’ll work for you.
- Step 5: Substitute Substitute nail biting with a toothpick, or a stick of gum.
- Step 6: Keep a log Keep a log of your nail biting activity; this will help you to keep track of your progress.
- FACT: There are an estimated 600 million nail biters worldwide.
You Will Need
- Soap and water
- A towel
- non-toxic nail solution
- Toothpicks or gum
- A journal