- : Consult your physician for a healthy diet, exercise regimen, and skin care routine while pregnant.
- Step 1: Drink water Drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated.
- TIP: Avoid soda and sugary drinks that have no nutritional value.
- Step 2: Eat healthy food Eat a healthy diet rich in vitamins and minerals. Foods high in vitamins A, C, and E contribute to healthy skin and promote the growth of elastin and collagen.
- Step 3: Exercise Exercise regularly. Being active will help you maintain a healthy weight and keep your muscles and skin firm.
- TIP: Slowly building muscle mass and not gaining excessive weight during pregnancy will help prevent stretch marks.
- Step 4: Massage skin Massage areas likely to be affected by stretch marks, such as breasts, stomach, buttocks, hips, and thighs, to increase blood circulation and promote skin elasticity.
- Step 5: Apply moisturizer Apply moisturizers with cocoa butter, vitamin E, and alpha hydroxy acids to promote elasticity.
- FACT: Up to 90 percent of all pregnant women develop stretch marks.
You Will Need
- Food rich in vitamins A
- and E
- An exercise plan