- Step 1: Lie on back Lie in a comfortable position on your back.
- Step 2: Wrap arms around knee Exhale, bending your right knee up to your chest and wrapping your arms around your shin.
- TIP: For an extra stretch in your back, have a brave friend gently push your shin into your chest.
- Step 3: Press into mat Press your back, shoulders, and the back of your neck into the mat, keeping your spine long.
- Step 4: Bring forehead to knee Exhale, and bring your forehead toward your knee.
- Step 5: Breathe deeply Breathe deeply for several breaths.
- TIP: For a more "relieving" pose, place your hands on your knee and press them into your chest on each exhale, then straighten your arms to move your knee away from your chest on each inhale.
- Step 6: Release pose Release the pose by dropping your foot to the mat.
- Step 7: Repeat pose Repeat the pose with the left leg, holding for the same number of breaths as you did with the right leg.
- Step 8: Release pose Release the pose by dropping your feet to the mat. What a relief.
- FACT: Roman Emperor Claudius passed an edict that proclaimed 'citizens shall be allowed to pass gas whenever necessary.'
You Will Need
- Comfortable clothing suitable for stretching and moving
- A calm place where you won't be distracted or disturbed
- A yoga mat or folded blanket