- Step 1: Mountain Pose Stand at the front of your mat with your feet hip-width apart and your weight evenly distributed between them, your spine erect, and your arms at your sides.
- Step 2: Raise arms Inhale, raising your arms out to your sides and up and over your head, pressing your palms together.
- Step 3: Shift hips & arch torso Shift your hips to left while arching your torso and arms to the right. Your body should make crescent shape from hands to feet.
- Step 4: Hold pose Hold the pose for several comfortable breaths.
- Step 5: Release pose Release by straightening your spine and returning to an erect position, arms still overhead.
- Step 6: Repeat pose Repeat the bend on the other side, holding the same number of breaths.
- Step 7: Release pose Release by straightening your spine, returning to an erect position, and lowering your arms.
- FACT: Half the moon is always in sunlight—the phase of the moon depends on how much of the sunlit half is visible from earth at any one time.
You Will Need
- Comfortable clothing suitable for stretching and moving
- A calm place where you won't be distracted or disturbed
- A yoga mat or folded blanket