- Step 1: Explain Tell the participant you are going to use mind control to make a card magically rise to the top of a deck.
- Step 2: Perform a double lift As you’re talking, perform a double lift -- that is, pretend you are taking just the top card from the top of the deck, but actually remove the first two cards.
- TIP: The critical part here is to remove the two cards so smoothly that the participant believes you are showing them only the top card.
- Step 3: Turn the cards Turn the cards over and ask the participant to memorize the card you are showing them -- which they think is the top card.
- Step 4: Put the cards back When they have assured you they have the card memorized, put the cards back on the top of the deck, and make a big show of removing the top card putting it into the middle of the deck.
- TIP: Obviously, don't let the person see the face of the card!
- Step 5: Tap the deck Ask the participant to tap on the deck and visualize the card rising toward them. Now flip over the top card, and enjoy their amazement that the card you supposedly shoved in the middle is suddenly back on top!
- FACT: Traditional Italian playing cards do not have queens.
You Will Need